Vice President of Talent and Inclusion
Effective: January 1, 2022
Type: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: CEO
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) is passionate about building a stronger Evansville Region. The Vice President of Talent and Inclusion is a key member of the E-REP leadership team and will have primary responsibility to lead and grow the Evansville Region’s strategic development plan known as “Talent 2025”. The Talent 2025 plan is in place, and the Evansville Region was recently awarded $50 million in funding to enable portions of the plan. The Vice President of Talent and Inclusion will execute strategies that support current and future regional employers’ talent needs while fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community environment.
A successful VP of Talent and Inclusion must be a visionary and dynamic leader. The selected individual must be a strong communicator with excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills. This position will lead and grow the Talent 2025 initiative while also serving as a public ambassador of the work. This position will be accountable for nurturing the impact and effectiveness of the initiative’s transformational goals by providing high-level strategic direction and guiding implementation. This individual must be an entrepreneurial consensus builder who promotes collaboration among a variety of stakeholders to increase the engagement of diverse business entities. The VP of Talent and Inclusion will collaborate with the United Way of Southwestern Indiana, Welborn Baptist Foundation, Junior Achievement of Southwest Indiana, and other key partnering organizations to align work plans, develop common understanding of business and community needs, and foster a team approach to iterative refinement of the strategies and tactics that impact defined goals of Talent 2025.
The VP of Talent and Inclusion’s every day actions will exemplify the guiding principles of E-REP. The position will operate regionally, commit to equitable prosperity, and will leverage the unique value of both the public and private sectors in delivering success.
Scope of Work
The role and responsibilities of the position will include but not be limited to the following:
- Lead and grow the Evansville Region’s development plan known as “Talent 2025” through visionary and adaptive leadership.
- Ensure the comprehensive work of all workstreams within Talent 2025 are aligned in support of overall Talent 2025 objectives and goals.
- Maintain understanding of current implementation challenges and develop comprehensive solutions with partners to address them.
- Lead E-REP staff and regional partners in creating, implementing, and executing programs and partnerships that achieve E-REP’s goals for a talented workforce pipeline.
- Lead and direct programs and events to promote the mission of E-REP and the benefits of diverse and inclusive economic development.
- Oversee strategic execution of the READI Initiative to ensure alignment with Talent 2025 goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with E-REP leadership on the execution of E-REP’s strategic plan that is influenced by Talent 2025 and funded by the READI initiative.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with stakeholders in the business and education communities to identify and implement strategies that align talent recruitment with employer needs.
- Work collaboratively with key foundations, non-profits, and other partners to build solutions that meet the goals of Talent 2025.
- Identify potential funding sources and develop relationships with potential funders to support Talent 2025 goals and priorities.
- Craft a talent recruitment and talent assimilation program to support occupations in needed sectors while partnering with organizations to foster an inclusive and welcoming community.
- Develop marketing strategies and business development plans to increase awareness and penetration of programs and services in targeted industries including increased awareness within the minority business and minority professional community.
- Routinely create progress reports and compare progress to Talent 2025 goals and indicators. Annually create or manage the creation of a summary report for the Executive Committee and/or external audiences.
- Seek, encourage, and develop strategies to more inclusive entrepreneurship and leadership opportunities throughout the region including connecting resources available through ISBDC, Tech on Tap, USI Outreach and Engagement, Elevate Ventures, Leadership Everyone, etc.
- Engage and network with national and state-level organizations such as ACCE, U.S. Chamber, Indiana Minority Business Associations, etc. to garner and share programming ideas.
- Identify developing community, public policy or environmental changes that provide opportunity for E-REP’s assistance, intervention, and recommendations.
This position performs any other functions necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of E-REP.
Key Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required
Experience and Skills:
- 10 years of professional experience preferred
- Project and stakeholder management
- Strategic Vision and Agility-ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan.
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen including successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
- Capacity Building—ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary
- General Management— Understanding of best practices for general management including planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing.
- Communications—Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, board of directors, and staff.
- Proactive Mindset —Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Community Oriented —Passionate about E-REP ‘s mission and guiding principles.
About the Evansville Regional Economic Partnership:
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) was formed on April 1, 2021, as a result of a strategic alignment of three existing business organizations serving the Southwestern Indiana area – Southwest Indiana Chamber of Commerce (Chamber), Economic Development Coalition of Southwest Indiana (EDC) and the Growth Alliance for Greater Evansville (GAGE) as well as two separate Foundations—Southwest Indiana Chamber Foundation, Inc. and Quad County Development Commission, Inc. This unique and innovative partnership, which includes a 1,500-member Chamber of Commerce and Southwest Indiana’s two leading economic development organizations, represents a comprehensive approach to support the business community. The primary mission of E-REP is to encourage business attraction and expansion, job creation, and business investment to foster and promote a thriving economy throughout Southwest Indiana. By aligning the three organizations and the two foundations, E-REP provides a more comprehensive set of supports and services and is as the single point of contact for companies looking to locate or expand in Southwest Indiana. In addition, through effective and ongoing advocacy efforts, E-REP represents a powerful voice in promoting policies that foster a more business friendly environment throughout the region. The regional partnership with the Indiana Small Business Development Center continues with E-REP. Guiding Principles for E-REP:
- Operates regionally
- Commitment to equitable prosperity
- Small business is front and center
- Leverage the unique value of both the public and private sectors in delivering success
- Advances regional prosperity and global relevance
Learn more about E-REP: https://evansvilleregion.com